Tuesday 28 February 2012

e.l.f. Cosmetics first buy!

I have seen so many blog posts and youtube videos all about e.l.f. cosmetics, and I was really eager to get them a try. They are praised for being an affordable drug store brand with fantastic results, so if that didn't persuade me, the price certainly did!

I visited the e.l.f. UK site, www.eyeslipsface.co.uk, and decided I would only order a couple of things, just to see how my skin reacted. I have really sensitive skin and I'm very prone to eczema on my face and body. I never usually use cheaper cosmetic brands because of this, but often cheap doesn't mean poor quality.

I'm really hoping this is the case for e.l.f. because the range of products looks fantastic!

I was tempted by so much on the site, but a lot of it was out of stock : ( so I only bought three items to start myself off.

Now my parcel has arrived I'm feeling a little stingy and will no doubt go back on later and have another look!

So the three items I chose were the Eyelid Primer in Golden, The Matte Finisher Top Coat and the Individual Lash Kit.

The Matte Finisher nail polish was a definite must, because I have been looking for an affordable alternative to my Nails Inc. version. The reviews on Makeup Alley look promising, so I'm dying to give it a go!


This top coat was only £1.50!!! £1.50!!! I couldn't believe it, so I'm desperate for it to be great! Everyone loves the underdog. It came in a really sleek box and looked much more expensive than it was! The smell is a little strong, but I can live with it. I'll put a review on as soon as I have chance!


The primer was also £1.50, and it comes in four shades, however three of those were out of stock, so I went with golden by default. It has a lovely texture, and its scent isn't terrible, although it does smell a bit chemically. I'm looking forward to reviewing it, although my initial impressions weren't great. Texture great, packaging a bit cheap and the smell, not fab. But hey ho, we'll see how it performs!


Finally the lash kit. You get 18 separate eyelash clumps (lol) in three different sizes. These were £1.50 and they also come with glue, which is great value. I will do a look with these soon. I love false eyelashes for nights out, so these should be a good alternative to the full lash!

The items came so fast in the post! I was really impressed, plus they sent me a text to say that the items had been dispatched! Very organised. All in all, pretty happy with e.l.f. so far. It could be the start of a beautiful thing!


See you all soon

Ali xxx

1 comment: